You may find other ILOs equally or more applicable to your pupils' needs.
Through using the site, and being encouraged to discuss, reflect on contemporary sculpture and by creating and modifying the work they produce, pupils will know, do or understand the following:
- identify the materials used in sculpture [see 'workshops' - 'sculpture workshop'].
- identify techniques used in producing sculpture using a variety of materials [eg. cardboard, metal, polystyrene 'workshops: sculpture, see also influences'].
- create a cardboard model of a sculpture using the techniques outlined on the site ['workshops: - sculpture workshop, see also influences'].
- create a virtual work of public art using the online
Sculpturama,['activities' - 'Sculpturama'].
- realise that there are contemporary artists who create art as a living [passim].
- understand the motivations behind the choice of art as a career ['questions'].
- understand that an artist's relationship with nature and the environment can influence their work ['questions, influences'].
- explain how they made their sculptures, designs for
sculptures or virtual sculptures['sculpture workshops,
- to make comments about their work, showing understanding of why these materials are used.
- to review what they and others have done, say what they think and feel about it and what they might change.